|Location:||Ulverston & WFH||Sector:||Energy|
|Job Type:||Permanent (full time)||Salary:||£26,000 – £30,000|
|Date Posted:||18/10/2021||Expiry Date:||18/11/2021|
The Graduate Mechanical Design Engineer supports in delivering engineering design solutions to client projects and internal product developments. They are responsible for supporting the engineering team to deliver a high-quality customer experience and gathering customer feedback and requirements to deliver fit for purpose solutions. Working in the energy department, they will be involved with mechanical and electromechanical developments for hazardous environment sectors including nuclear and oil & gas applications.
- Willing to work to and uphold Brimstone’s INSPIRE values
- Degree or HND in an engineering related subject is essential
- Minimum 2 A-Levels – A to C or equivalent
- Engineering experience in a design role would be beneficial
- A degree in an oil & gas or nuclear related subject would be beneficial. E.g. Subsea Engineering
- Proficient in Autodesk Inventor and/or Solidworks. Will consider other packages.
- Ability to meet project deadlines and maintain budgets
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Confident in making engineering decisions and problem solving
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Full UK Driving License and access to a vehicle – Essential
- Eligible to work in the UK – Essential
- Office/WFH based with travel to conferences and clients (UK and abroad) when required
- 3 days per week in the Ulverston office. Working from home rest of the week.
- 40 hour working week.
- Direct Report: Managing Director
- Accountabilities are as follows:
- Provide engineering and design input to customer projects and new product development
- Provide engineering support to delivered projects
- Assess client enquiries and capture requirements
- Assist engineering team with the tendering process for project bids
- Engage with suppliers to source components and materials
- Creation of part numbers, 3D CAD models and engineering drawings in Autodesk Inventor & Solidworks
- Completing quality management system documents and capturing meeting minutes
- Performing engineering calculations
- Creation of technical documentation and procedures
- Performing risk assessments and developing safe working procedures
- Complying to and developing quality management system documentation
- Complying to engineering standards and regulations
- Perform and support workshop activities where required.
What You Get in Return
- Practical engineering experience on a wide range of projects
- Play an active role in cradle to grave developments
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours